January 2010 - January 2012

Daisypath Vacation tickers
Currently Serving in Gazcue

March 25, 2010

"Enfermos"

Well this week was great and fast as usual! Just more class as usual...I'm grateful for it though! It's much needed! I will be leaving on Tuesday...and from what I've heard, our trainers will be picking us up here! I'm going to miss Elder Warren. He has been a great companion...he's a hardworking potatoe farmer from Aberdeen, Idaho and loves to get to work as fast as he can. We get along really well! So I will be missing him!
Well...I feel like in the past my letters have just been info info info...so I'm trying to make this one have some emotion! My room mates are cool! Elder Soto and Elder Martinez! We're pretty good friends! Elder Soto always calls us Elders "Enfermos" which means "sick". haha because the food does things to our body! Not good! It hasn't been that bad though! I miss you all! I pray for you a lot!! But I'm focused...when it's time to work, I put my concerns in the Lord's hands and leave them there. I'm getting better at that. Something should be said as well...of course I want to think of you! But I know the harder I work, the better it will be for the ones I love, my investigators, and myself! So I am working and am so grateful for your support and letters! They mean the WORLD to a missionary!

Right now I'm wearing shorts and my BYU shirt and sandals because it's Preperation Day! I LOVE being a missionary! I haven't even been out in the field yet...but the Lord is definitely with you always! You also have to be very good at kicking Satan away...I can't say I've been thoroughly tempted...but any temptation is easier to avoid the earlier we cast it off...and with the Spirit, we know how to do it all! OH! The other morning we went on a temple walk...and saw THE CUTEST little black girls! They were 8 years old and twins! With their brother who was 11. Waiting outside for their Mom to get out of the Temple! They were so cute! But my beautiful nieces are still cuter!

When we have power points...I'm the computer guy and help the President operate the computer while he's up front talking! Uh...I can't wait to get out and serve! It'll be incredible...and I haven't been sweating nearly enough!!! I'm quite interested to figure out who my trainer will be! I love you all and HE LIVES!

Elder Ethan Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment