for the Christmas Program
Hello Mecham Family! December 26th
Fue bueno hablar con ustedes y ahora recuerdo como suenan sus voces. Es algo extraño pensar que hay mas de la familia ahora...y que está creciendo aun.
I was very happy to hear that you were all doing well and glad to know that you are all well. Well, the work continues! The work is never over...the end of a mission is just a phase into a different way of doing mission work. Sharing the Gospel is the very foundation of the gospel. If you are grateful for the Gospel...it is because someone at some point shared the Gospel with some ancestor...so we should all be just as anxious to share with those who are willing.
I thank you all for being such a great support for me....but it's not over! Keep on keepin' on!
I love you all!
Love Elder Mecham
Fue bueno hablar con ustedes y ahora recuerdo como suenan sus voces. Es algo extraño pensar que hay mas de la familia ahora...y que está creciendo aun.
I was very happy to hear that you were all doing well and glad to know that you are all well. Well, the work continues! The work is never over...the end of a mission is just a phase into a different way of doing mission work. Sharing the Gospel is the very foundation of the gospel. If you are grateful for the Gospel...it is because someone at some point shared the Gospel with some ancestor...so we should all be just as anxious to share with those who are willing.
I thank you all for being such a great support for me....but it's not over! Keep on keepin' on!
I love you all!
Love Elder Mecham
It has been a great Christmas Season...we have all very much enjoyed the activities that have been going on and will surely continue to enjoy the rest of the season.
Today was the Christmas Activity that we had so long been waiting for...now they have all headed home and the Elders that are going home tomorrow are here. The Activity went great! About 170 people there...156 Full Time Missionaries and the rest were couples. We started with a Breakfast at 9 and then the Talent Show at 10...we had the Islands on camera so that they were able to see, and also participate. We also participated! We did a little skit mixed with a variety of songs such as, Silent Night, Let it Snow, and Children Go (The New Nashville Tribute CD). We had a great time with that. Some Elders played the Guitar, others did sound effects, others sang, and so on. Then we moved on to the Nativity Drama. Elder Green and I played the part (without being seen) of Nephi and the angel conversing about the condescension of God. Then we passed to the Video that I made for Christmas, of Christ, and then of all the missionaries that have arrived in the past months, along with the Baptisms and other activities in the Zone. After all of that, we passed the most important part, lunch. It was turkey...ham...rice and beans (but really good rice and beans called moro) and then to the cake with Ice Cream. Sister Hernandez made a 6 level cake with homemade peach filling. It looked like a wedding cake! It was SO good. She had flour brought from Puerto Rico to do it. We don't mess around here! Tonight is transfers...and so we will be taking the Elders to the airport (10) for the 6:25 flight. Elder Jenson is now with Elder Green and Me. I will be training him in my responsibilities.
The area has been good! We have been restricted a little with time from all of the things that we have to do. But Priscila's Baptism was great. We were able to see a lot of their family there. She was confirmed and is doing very well.
I'm terribly sorry about how short this letter is...but I haven't had time to blink today! I love you all and pray that all is well with you!
Love,
Elder Ethan Mecham

No comments:
Post a Comment