Ethan has been transferred but I still have no clue where he is serving, except I do know it is in the Dominican Republic..Well I hope he is still there!
Nov 1st
Hey Mom! How are ya? I´m doing great! I loved the pic of the family in shawnie´s house! Brought a few tears to my eyes...but so good to see you are all happy =)
Elder Rodriguez is a great missionary! We get along way good! He is very kind, organized, and very punctual, which makes for a great missionary. I am learning how to cook meat!!!!! POR FIN!! Finally! I have been waiting for someone to show me how to cook meat. We eat meat with rice a lot. i attached some pictures of us doing a service project painting the metal security bars of a members house and of the bishop at the project.(The pictures didnt come through,sadness) There were not many investigators when I came...so everyone we are finding is new!
So in my last area...there is a man named William. He lives alone and faithfully goes to church. We had taught the first lesson,,,and I started to teach the second (we had already invited him to be baptized in the first) and as soon as we testified about living with God before this life...he stopped me...very rarely does that happen...and said...I don´t know if I just received something....but I want to get baptized. It was dead silent...we were all crying and i just said the first thing that came to my mind...William...God is pleased with you. ...probably the most spiritual moment I have had in my mission. He has not gotten baptized yet...but is getting there...I am talking with Elder Peña to know when he does. I love this work and am truly loving it...of course everyone has their days, but it shouldn´t be easy anyway. By the way...the started decorating for Christmas 3 weeks ago....yeah....because they don´t celebrate halloween or thanksgiving...so everyone has their trees up and all! Haha!
I love you all and am truly thankful for such an incredible family! Love you all!
Nov 1st
Hey Mom! How are ya? I´m doing great! I loved the pic of the family in shawnie´s house! Brought a few tears to my eyes...but so good to see you are all happy =)
Elder Rodriguez is a great missionary! We get along way good! He is very kind, organized, and very punctual, which makes for a great missionary. I am learning how to cook meat!!!!! POR FIN!! Finally! I have been waiting for someone to show me how to cook meat. We eat meat with rice a lot. i attached some pictures of us doing a service project painting the metal security bars of a members house and of the bishop at the project.(The pictures didnt come through,sadness) There were not many investigators when I came...so everyone we are finding is new!
So in my last area...there is a man named William. He lives alone and faithfully goes to church. We had taught the first lesson,,,and I started to teach the second (we had already invited him to be baptized in the first) and as soon as we testified about living with God before this life...he stopped me...very rarely does that happen...and said...I don´t know if I just received something....but I want to get baptized. It was dead silent...we were all crying and i just said the first thing that came to my mind...William...God is pleased with you. ...probably the most spiritual moment I have had in my mission. He has not gotten baptized yet...but is getting there...I am talking with Elder Peña to know when he does. I love this work and am truly loving it...of course everyone has their days, but it shouldn´t be easy anyway. By the way...the started decorating for Christmas 3 weeks ago....yeah....because they don´t celebrate halloween or thanksgiving...so everyone has their trees up and all! Haha!
I love you all and am truly thankful for such an incredible family! Love you all!
Oct 25th
Drumroll please.....!!!! ME VOY! Sí! Oyeron bien! me voy para la victoria. Iba a quedarme..bueno, eso es lo que me dijeron anoche, pero Presidente me llamó y me dijo que yo voy a estar con elder Rodriguez que se va a ir en el fin de este traslado. ...
I´m leaving. I was going to stay here, that is what they told me in the call last night. But President called me this morning and told me that I am going to leave to be with an Elder that is going home this transfer. Elder Rodriguez will be my new companion about 30 mins away from here. The chapel is BRAND NEW and has.......AIR CONDITIONING. Missionaries would do a lot for that! And apparently my house is pretty nice! But I´m doing great! We are having a lot of success right now and I believe 2 incredible families will be baptized in this transfer...I´m going to miss them!
Well, other than that....I´m doing great...happy and wow...wow...you can´t explain a testimony in small words...but as I was saying to President...opposition strengthens things that are truly true, and weakens those that are not. And my testimony has been strengthened a ton. Think I´ve ever doubted the truthfulness of this gospel? you bet I have. And that´s how I know it´s true. Love you all! stay happy and always strong!
Elder Ethan Blaine MEcham
Oct 18th
So sorry...the internet is wicked slow...real quick...thank you for all that advice.
Glad to hear all is well! I have my interview with the President on wednesday...and transfers this next tuesday! I love you all! Thank you for all you do! I´m doing good...really I am! Working hard and enjoying it! I think I am just about accustomed to Missionary Lifestyle! sorry I don´t have much to say...or time. But I love you all and pray for you every day! Take care! Read every day!
Oct 11
Hello All,
About the Americans I saw at the market, I rarely see americans! So it was cool! Especially since they are from the states! I live about 10 minutes from the mission home...but that is just because I have the metro...I´m technically quite far away. I only ride buses if i go far away...as far as working everyday...no. Just walking! And hopping in the back of trucks sometimes.
No send me a candle" You see...the houses and EVERYTHING are made out of concrete...nothing burns! It´ll be fine! Well I am sorry this isn´t long...but the internet would not work for 15 minutes so I lost that time! Love you so much! Take care!
Keep praying and reading
Drumroll please.....!!!! ME VOY! Sí! Oyeron bien! me voy para la victoria. Iba a quedarme..bueno, eso es lo que me dijeron anoche, pero Presidente me llamó y me dijo que yo voy a estar con elder Rodriguez que se va a ir en el fin de este traslado. ...
I´m leaving. I was going to stay here, that is what they told me in the call last night. But President called me this morning and told me that I am going to leave to be with an Elder that is going home this transfer. Elder Rodriguez will be my new companion about 30 mins away from here. The chapel is BRAND NEW and has.......AIR CONDITIONING. Missionaries would do a lot for that! And apparently my house is pretty nice! But I´m doing great! We are having a lot of success right now and I believe 2 incredible families will be baptized in this transfer...I´m going to miss them!
Well, other than that....I´m doing great...happy and wow...wow...you can´t explain a testimony in small words...but as I was saying to President...opposition strengthens things that are truly true, and weakens those that are not. And my testimony has been strengthened a ton. Think I´ve ever doubted the truthfulness of this gospel? you bet I have. And that´s how I know it´s true. Love you all! stay happy and always strong!
Elder Ethan Blaine MEcham
Oct 18th
So sorry...the internet is wicked slow...real quick...thank you for all that advice.
Glad to hear all is well! I have my interview with the President on wednesday...and transfers this next tuesday! I love you all! Thank you for all you do! I´m doing good...really I am! Working hard and enjoying it! I think I am just about accustomed to Missionary Lifestyle! sorry I don´t have much to say...or time. But I love you all and pray for you every day! Take care! Read every day!
Oct 11
Hello All,
About the Americans I saw at the market, I rarely see americans! So it was cool! Especially since they are from the states! I live about 10 minutes from the mission home...but that is just because I have the metro...I´m technically quite far away. I only ride buses if i go far away...as far as working everyday...no. Just walking! And hopping in the back of trucks sometimes.
No send me a candle" You see...the houses and EVERYTHING are made out of concrete...nothing burns! It´ll be fine! Well I am sorry this isn´t long...but the internet would not work for 15 minutes so I lost that time! Love you so much! Take care!
Keep praying and reading

No comments:
Post a Comment