January 2010 - January 2012

Daisypath Vacation tickers
Currently Serving in Gazcue

July 4, 2010

June 21 & 28

June 21th
Well!! Life is good! Oh! Para que sepa! Just so you know! I am staying her! I will be here for six weeks more! I love this work and thank you for your prayers! I´m constantly praying for you all! Elder Blake is leaving! So a 15 month dominican missionary is coming here and he will be district leader...I am praying I´ll maintain the success we´ve been having! 18 in church! 18 INVESTIGATORS in church! WOW! When was the last time you saw a new investigator the ward??? It´s definitely different over here! We live on the top floor of the house in the picture. I got soaked in a rain storm today and loved it!
Octavio is an investigator that is so funny...he always acts like he´s playing mortal combat and dragonball z when we come around. So we hide behind trees and fight back and stuff. haha! Nothing very noticeable...just something that´s funny and makes me laugh everytime! he lives in this Hindu temple so he needs to move! Oh! Gertrudis brought a friend to church! Adela! And Adela is progressing faster than gertrudis so now Gertrudis is working more for her answer!!! =) yay! They will both most likely get baptized...but it will take time! Always go to temples! I definitely took them for granted and miss them!

Elder Blake in front of Ethans Apartment...Top Floor
June 28
Elder Beltre is my companion. No...doesn´t speak Spanish...but we don´t have problems communicating...he´s trying to learn english adn has 15 months in the mission.
I conducted a Mission slash ward coordination meeting yesterday...we put it together to get the members involved and it worked quite well!
My companion and I get along good...the culture here is VERY blunt...if something needs to be said...it´s said! haha but as far as transfers go...I went with another missionary while they transferred...missionaries are NEVER alone! They go with others during that time! Since I was the one that stayed...I´m quite frankly the one responsible for all of them so it has been a stressful week! Thank you for the package! I´m excited to get it!!!
DAVID!!!!!!! AH!!!! Arizona eh??? WOW... COngrats man! I¨m stoked for you! You´re going to do awesome! Congratulate Connie and Jenni for me please!
Thank you for your prayers....no doubt they are hoping me carry on. Thank you for packages and always being concerned about me! Thank you! So we have gotten A LOT of rain. I mean A LOT. I haven´t seen rain like this in Utah! haha so I am using my umbrella...and my drawstring backpack while it´s raining. It´s hasn´t rained today!
I¨m working hard! Thank you for your prayers...they help immensely. Tell the family I love them and I'm praying for them. Press forward!
Love Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment