January 2010 - January 2012

Daisypath Vacation tickers
Currently Serving in Gazcue

February 26, 2010

Brown Showers. . . .

Hello Family!
It is Thursday, My P-Day...and it is going by quick! Wow...so much to say! First of all, I love this gospel! :) it's incredible! Okay...mail comes on Tuesday's or Wednesday's....and leaves here on friday Morning. I didn't receive any yesterday...so please (anyone) feel free to send DearElders! No biggy though! Uh...no pictures here! President says that they provoke unwanted behavior so he won't let us use them. That's a huge bummer...but it's okay! I don't have much time to write letters here....although the email isn't timed we still are only supposed to be here for a half an hour. The only other time we have is about 45 minutes to just write actual letters. I miss you all! I'm focused though! It's hard to grasp the handle on missionary work in the MTC...but I'm doing my best! We went over to the University on Tuesday...and wow! It was incredible...I still have a long ways to go on the Language...but with the Lord's help...I understood quite a bit of it! I'm seeing the gift of tongues in a large manner. But I am very grateful to the Lord for enabling me to hear and speak better day after day
This will be choppy...but I'm going to try and type all of the stuff that I wrote in my notebook that I wanted to tell you...There a lot of Haitians...and I've learned a LITTLE bit of Creole. It's cool because we sing in Spanish, & they sing in Creole
A Quorum of the 70 came! That was cool. Couldn't Understand his name though! The lights go out quite a bit...but the generator they have kicks on after about 7 seconds! I went to the Temple today...and it was incredible. It was all in English. They had translation for the Haitians. There was something about it...it was so quiet in there. The Spirit was so strong. Loved it.
Well our showers are interesting! I am the first to shower in the Morning so I wake up at 6:15. The other Morning I turned it on and it was brown...and spurting a ton. It was like a scary movie! But it was cool because It means I'm actually over here! haha They aren't warm all the time. In the end I just splashed water on me to shower! I LOVE THE HEAT! If you're going to sweat...sweat a lot!!!Oh...and I have no idea what my spelling is going to be like in the future....spanish might mess me up!
Love
Elder Mecham

(Disclaimer: This is not his acutal sink I just found this picture on the internet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment